Monday, November 15, 2010

"look gromit - cheese!"

oh, and check out this article. it's about cheese. if that isn't enough of a sell, then maybe its title will convince you that it's scan-worthy (and seriously, it's not chockablock full of info, or anything, so it'll only take you a few seconds to read) — Why Cheese Is Like "Dairy Crack": Because It's Got Morphine In It.

which brings me to the topics of fondue and raclette. I recently read two cheese-centric entries in David Leibovitz's blog and he's totally convinced me that I just have to make and eat some fondue and raclette. I've always loved the idea of cheese fondue, and I even enjoy the actual fondue itself, but I've never really considered making it at home. now that I've read David Lebovitz's love-letter to fondue, I'm thinking about buying a fondue set from Ikea. I'm also thinking about buying a giant wedge of some kind of yummy cheese to throw onto a nice fire. I'm totally intrigued by the idea simultaneously heating myself, cooking potatoes wrapped in aluminum foil, and heating a big wedge of some kind of delicious cheese in my fireplace, at home. doesn't that sound so comfy?

hopefully, no great tragedy will befall my household since I'll effectively be dosing myself with an opiate whilst in front of an open fire.

2 comments:

  1. omg. we are obsessed with our crate & barrel fondue pot... AND i have the melting pot cookbook if you decide you buy a pot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha! guess what, I actually convinced myself to make a fondue tonight! I made it on the stovetop & dipped bread and apples...I've been thinking of you all day, since fondue has been on my mind all day <3 e

    ReplyDelete