Wednesday, December 30, 2009

big ups to Lizzy

I have a friend who is so amazing that I'm always wondering why she likes me. Just so you know, I don't normally feel this way in a relationship - it's just that Liz is totally and utterly cool. Anyways, I bring this up because she once said something that has been reverberating in my head since I began this blog, "I don't know why people discuss their food choices like it's the most fascinating thing in the world, don't they know how boring that conversation IS?"

Sigh...this is what I've come to: corporate job, cherish sleep, looking forward to a move to the suburbs, cultivating foresight...this all adds up to SOULESS BORE, anyway, so WHY NOT have a blog devoted to my food choices?

Right now I'm eating oatmeal. I used a half cup of oats, eyeballed the water to maybe 2x the oats and microwaved it for 2.5 minutes. As I was zoning out in the kitchen area of my office section, I was thinking about the time my dad told me about microwaving oatmeal. I don't know why I'd never even imagined such a thing, but I hadn't. Inspired by him, I immediately began to prepare a bowl...I covered it with plastic wrap, which may have been a responsible thing to do, but it was also a very bad idea. ALL of the oatmeal ended up outside the bowl in two minutes flat. I snapped back to reality with about 30 seconds to go on my current bowl and noticed that the uncovered oats were bulging up like a souffle and flexing in a threatening manner. I lunged towards the clear button and as soon as I was able to press it, the oats flattened themselves out well within the confines of my container.


This photo shows how responsible about eating I plan to be! I brought healthy snacks and oatmeal to work! I packed lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment