Friday, February 5, 2010

I made Laura laugh hard

it was a good thing I didn't catch her while she was sipping a beverage, 'cuz her nose would have been burning and there would have been spray everywhere. I have to admit, it was kind of hilarious once I said it out loud. we were discussing our plans to go to the gym, how to get it around our work and lunch schedules, etc., when I told her that I was feeling nervous about my workout. a questioning look registered on Laura's face, like she was thinking, "did I miss something? is she still talking about going to the gym?" and when I confirmed that it was getting on the treadmill that I was indeed nervous about, she laughed, and I laughed, and it was suddenly really funny.

but I was feeling yucky and low yesterday and knew there wasn't a prayer for me to finish a real workout. I used to get really nervous before track races, and that's how I felt yesterday. so, I finally dragged my *ss to the gym and walk/ran for 30 minutes on the treadmill. I wanted to go for an hour, but couldn't finish it up. I couldn't even run my now customary 15min before walking, so I alternated two minute jogs and 1 minute walks. I finished 2.6 miles in 30 minutes.

I had a good night sleep, and I'm feeling much better today. I also made sure I had a greenie (with chocolate amazing food), and lots of vitamins. I've been gobbling vitamins and drinking emergen-cs since I got a sore throat. I think I'll be fine...

I took the day off to relax, clean closets, cook something yummy (I'll take pictures and post them this time!), and look through my old issues of Domino magazine. why did I schedule time to look through old issues of a decorating magazine? because I'm crossing my fingers that someone will finish the process of buying my house (we signed the agreement of sale on Monday!!!!), so that I can finish the process of buying someone else's house (we signed the agreement today!!!!). this is what the front of the house looks like. we've been discussing the purchase of this property since August 1, 2008...I still can't believe that there's a possibility we could be in residence beginning March 12!


looking forward to some yoga today. have I ever mentioned that one of my dreams is to be a yoga instructor? I think that I'd like to teach jivamukti, or be like my yoga hero, Ruth Allen, and teach some wild hybrid class that kicks butt. I like yoga because it makes me understand my body, but being really chubby makes yoga difficult and slightly discouraging. what I've noticed most about being "bigger" is that I have to keep telling myself that moving my body around will feel natural again someday. I went blithely through most of my life without having to think about exercise and diet - and my body just did the things I asked it to do. c'est la vie!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Erica on all the house news - the house looks awesome!! I remember when you told me all about it, glad you're gettin' there!

    ReplyDelete