Wednesday, July 14, 2010

crazy end of quarter reports day requires extra lavish office treats

when quarter end data arrives, things get a bit crazy for me. there are a billion things to update and send out. most of them go to executives that have to make coherent statements about product and corporate performance to wall street. numbers are unforgiving in all ways: errors are ERRORS and can become fodder for all sorts of fall out. so what's the solution? MAKE SURE THE NUMBERS ARE CORRECT. ugh, if you are any kind of obsessive-complusive, then you can relate to the thorough checkings that tend to happen on days like today.

being pregnant, and in the first trimester sucks for these types of activities. but there were two things that made my day much better.

(1) for Kermit the Blog

I almost never drink the candybar confections available to us at our local kitchenette Flavia machine, but today I couldn't resist. I'd been bringing coffee in from home for a while, so I hadn't noticed that someone had stocked our break room with these chocolate treats. we usually only have coffee and tea. I went looking for my usual English Breakfast, but that was gone - seemingly replaced by Milky Way and Dove. so, whatever, I combined these three packets into my Dunder Mifflin mug. oh, it was good.

(2) this is all I have to say: 250 delicious calories, mmmmmmmmmmmm.


I'm on my way to the gym. I'm really getting into the treadmill/walking thing. I still use my nike+ sportsband pedometer thing, and I really like it. it's fairly accurate for me, and I like to see the mileage build up. I worked out at the end of my day yesterday too. I prefer to do it at lunchtime, but c'est la vie.

1 comment: