Friday, January 28, 2011

ah, sad times, indeed

I spoke to Zab last night, and she told me about a TED guy who was speaking about happiness. Specifically, he mentioned that happy people tend to have substantial personal relationships in their lives (i.e. love, but it doesn't have to be the romantic kind), and they tend to enjoy their work. I think I've got half of that equation going (despite recently being told off "for good" by a disgruntled ex-boyfriend - long story - if you really want to hear about the only drama that's occured in my life for ages, feel free to send a comment and I will dish, because in general, I never have any gossip to share, but at times have a secret desire to BE a gossip). enjoy my work though? I don't know. I can't say it's terrible, and I do actually enjoy it at times, but overall, I would describe myself as a corporate drone. anyways, this is all to say that after two snow-days spent at home (our entire little family, together!), I was kind of sad to wake up and get ready for work this morning. but then, as I was packing lunch (split pea disaster soup and fruit salad), I remembered that I still had that reuben sandwich in the fridge at work and the thought of eating it as part of my lunch actually cheered me up and made me feel better about the day. isn't that pathetic?

here's something else that kind of made my day: apartment therapy had this chair in one of their posts. I can't get Maximo Riera's webiste link to show the chair properly, but posted it anyway. I'm guessing that this chair costs at least $10K. what do you think, is that estimate over or under?

Maximo Reira, octopus chair

pair that chair with this light, and you'll get one of my dream interiors for our main living space.

Adam Wallacavage octopus chandelier

yes, maybe the pairing would make the room oceanic-goth, but I think that other elements within the room could save it from becoming too serious. or, actually, thinking about my current decor, it would all get either kind of confused, maintain a happy, eclectic edge, or just be over-the-top. I wish that I was some kind of sculptural genious, because then I would be able to (1) fulfill my chosen "old lady profession" dream of making crazy chandeliers, and (2) make and upholster furniture. nope, I'm strictly 2-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment