Wednesday, January 13, 2010

look at our kitchen junk drawer -aaaagh!


I'll have to deal with this some day, I suppose.

on weekends, we try to get to our neighborhood diner at least once. it's one of those great places where breakfast prices are completely reasonable, and everyone knows each other. John and I live in the 'hood, but we're not OF the hood, so not everyone talks to us, but Henry was born into Fishtown and the regulars treat him as their own. Joe gives him advice, Ann takes him into the kitchen to see Daniel, Lucretia tries her hardest to make him smile... John and I love it because we get a chance to eat in peace! this weekend I was good and got a bowl of oatmeal.


I split it with John, then had one piece of dry rye toast and one egg, cooked over medium. mmmm.


by the way, this is what happened to that magnet! it cracks me up every day (you know I'm easy).


if you've been trying to figure out how to get more carrots into your diet (I know, a common, burning question), here's a great recipe from this month's Country Living magazine (courtesy of my mother-in-law). I made it yesterday, and it's yummy if you like limes, honey (I used local raw), and scallions. try not to over-cook the carrots like I did. if it's too hard to read the photo, I'll write it out later.

today's monster is pineapple again.

not looking forward to work today...end of year Rx data has been released, which means insanity for me...

o&o, e

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE that picture of Henry at school, and the magnet makes it so much better haha.

    i still want to make it to that diner someday it sounds like so much fun. hi to henry and john for me!!!

    southwest 97 each way right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. John and I have been trying to figure out when to fly out...maybe next month!

    ReplyDelete