Thursday, January 28, 2010

un-bleched!

well, the workout did the trick. hey, look at me, two workout posts in a row! no, really, it did do the trick. I even made a new sticker for my calendar (I can't believe none of you have written me for one yet - it's so pretty, har har, knee slap).


see? right there, in the 28th box, is a pink heart with an S in it. S stands for strength. pink heart because it made me feel so much better about myself.

so, today, I did the 20 minutes of cardio. I'm not sure it was higher intensity than my usual, but I did the best I could. that meant 1 mile of jogging at 6mph, 1.0 incline (10 minutes), followed by 2 minutes of walking at 3mph, three sets of 1 minute run, 1 minute jog, then 2 minutes of jogging for the finish. all of that added up to 1.78 miles at 1.0 incline.

I recommend the strength program. it was short enough to couple with the cardio for a reasonable overall workout time (during work). I liked the moves - there was nothing really complicated, and little that made me feel really self-conscious in the gym (although there was only one other person there, so maybe that was why I felt so 'free'). oh, wait, the stability ball push-ups? ai-yi-yi! I nearly went flying during each set. I only did 5 per set...well, it gives me something to strive for.

No comments:

Post a Comment