Wednesday, January 27, 2010

look! an entry all about exercise!

on Monday, I ran a whole mile at once! it was a landmark! 6mph, and incline set to 1.0. after that mile, I did intervals of two minute jogs to one minute runs. I was beat after only 30 minutes (2.6 miles, I think), but still proud that I ran an entire mile at once. it used to be that I could not run for ages, then whip three out from the get-go. life is so different now!

my goal is to add to the one-mile-all-at-once every other day. that's my plan to stretch my actual jogging ability. otherwise, I will be doing intervals.

oh, and of course I will be working out with Jamie! I love those days, even though I sometimes want to throw up during the work outs.

2 comments:

  1. Good job e! I want to start running after baby Maug Dawg comes out... how long after you had Henry were you able to get a good workout? I'm sure it's something ya have to ease into, ulgh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it doesn't take long to get to a point where you can work out. seriously, I have friends who are doing their normal thing like a week after delivery (as long as they did a vag. birth - cesarean takes a bit longer to recover from, obviously). now, in terms of time...that's a different story. when should we get together???

    ReplyDelete