Thursday, May 26, 2011

fruity

suggestive breakfast today is at that perfect state of ripeness. yum.

ktiker's post is a tear-jerker, but I wanted to mention that it heartened me greatly to read that she's "never had an easy mile." when I'm struggling with running, it always seems like everyone else is just breezing through their workouts. it helps to hear that it isn't easy for everyone else, after all. thanks kerm!

oh and another comment, imspired by kerm's post: since coming back to work after having baby number 2, I've been thinking hard about life priorities. family and friends and community people, these are what I've identified as being important to me. after all, what happiness can we have without a mirror to reflect our greatest moments back at us? what would we do without our dearest to bring our sadnesses to? I've done my share of bringing superficial stress home to bear on my personal life, and I for one, am going to pledge to (1) try and remember what's really important when 'things feel rough,' and (2) be present in my life, and not to keep thinking, if I just get through the next...hours/days/week/month. sometimes blurring out stressful times seems like the way to keep on keeping on, but then you also end up forgetting the good things that happen in small moments. thank goodness for cats and kids!

1 comment:

  1. somehow i think that easy mile may never come haha. love you! <3 kermy

    ReplyDelete