Tuesday, May 24, 2011

more beiber madness

I'm not one to court controversy, but then, I'm not writing a national magazine editorial here, so publishing a photo of my and my son's matching bieber-cures likely won't raise even one eyebrow. pretty sweet, huh? by the way, grammaticaly, I did not know how to construct that sentence (the one previous to "pretty sweet, huh?").

currently working on week 4 of the c25k plan. I'm not going to lie for the sake of my fragile ego. yesterday was tough. I made it through the beginning 5 min walk just fine, thank you very much! the last three minutes of the first 10 min run were rough (incline = 1, mph = 5.7), and I wanted very much to stop. but, I finished it and all the while I thought, "oh man, these are just the first 10 minutes! how am I supposed to run 20 minutes nonstop in a week and a half?" for the rest of the workout, I kept the treadmill incline at 1 and adjusted my jogging speed to 6 mph. all went well...except those last five minutes jogging. ugh, again, I wanted to stop after 3 minutes (or maybe after 30 seconds), but I made myself finish. nothing feels better than finishing a run that you wanted to abort. even still, though, I'm not sure I'm looking forward to tomorrow's run. I get anxious thinking that I might not be able to do it. is that silly? I'm used to getting all harsh on myself for being so out of shape, but I'm going to try something I saw on 13lbs' blog. she had the graciousness to THANK her body for its performance. perhaps I will do the same and my body will respond with newfound generosity. is this the same as speaking of myself in the third person? it certainly feels the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment