Tuesday, March 2, 2010

yesterday at the gym

I had a most crappy workout! maybe it was because I had a dinner party on Sunday and didn't sleep well and ate lots of falafel and bagna cauda (garlic, anchovies, extra-virgin olive oil, and butter - yes, it sounds gross, but it's actually delicious! photo of sauce below, we used it for dipping veggies)? I hate myself for not taking photos of everyone hanging out. how silly can a girl be? we had a feast, and lots of good conversation, and yummy wine, and it all made me nearly cry to be leaving my neighborhood. I live in Fishtown, and while it's not the most scenic place on earth, there are some mighty great people around! I'm moving in a week.

but back to working out. I ran like a mile yesterday, then gave up. that's it. that's all she wrote yesterday. I felt like a big bailer, but then gave myself permission to stop, and said, oh well, at least I went to the gym. sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment