Wednesday, December 30, 2009

ewww gross, but still...

I didn't photograph it, but one of the 'healthy' lunch things I packed for today was a box of Pacific (that's the brand) Tuscan White Bean Soup. I was excited for lunch because a) I was hungry, b) I wanted to try the soup (love beans, love soup), and c) I love my mug (thanks to Laura for the awesome gift).


So, I poured the soup into my mug, heated it up, brought it back to my desk, and dug in!

YUMMY! Nope, it was disgusting. Seriously, it was gross. Wait, I don't think I even made it back to my desk before tasting it. I think I tasted it while standing near the microwave. I was that excited. It tasted like liquid plastic that was made to taste like food. Yes, it tasted like poorly spiced, food-like liquid plastic. Decent texture, but horrible taste. I still ate it though! Ha ha ha. I don't think that I'll eat another mug-full, however.

After I finished the soup, I went to the cafeteria with Shareef and made a small salad: approximately two TBSP cottage cheese, about same volume chickpeas, one TBSP chopped, hard-boiled egg, one TBSP peas, two TBSP goldfish, 8-10 bread & butter pickle chips (they were so good!), and three grape tomatoes. Delicious! Shareef ate a cheesesteak and fries. I was strangely un-jealous, but I did have to stop myself from reaching out and taking one of his fries. Had I done that, it probably would have led to an awkward moment. As if eating in the work cafeteria isn't awkward enough.

2 comments:

  1. love it. especially the part about the awkward moment in the caf hahahaha. very proud of the restraint! and love the mini salads, 2 thumbs up :)

    ReplyDelete