Tuesday, December 29, 2009

ok Kate, you asked for it!

ha ha ha ha.

I know how bad it can be to get 'overly' obsessed about diet and exercise, but I will soon be past the point of no return, and there's nothing else to do except flip the obsessive switch in my brain and use it to stay on the diet and exercise boat.

um, I suppose I should record what I eat?

I ate half of a Coconut Cream Pie Larabar for breakfast. It was my first one, it tasted OK, but I shouldn't have smelled it. It said it was made out of nuts and fruit, so I expected it to smell that way. Wouldn't you expect it to smell like fruit and nuts? Well, it didn't. It smelled like a stinky hand shaped the bar. I don't think I'll get another one.

Other food I've eaten today = coffee + half-and-half, a cookie that was too difficult to resist (homemade and sitting at my desk waiting for me). Breakfast was awesomely delicious: 3 gnocchi, and two calamari rings - not as healthy as oatmeal, but at least my portion control was working! Portion control didn't work too well at lunch. I went to Cosi with Shareef (should I be changing names to protect the innocent?), got a steak gorgonzola sandwich and ate the entire thing. Um, I just paused to look up the calorie content (I shouldn't have) 752 calories!!!! I'll have to eat oatmeal for dinner!!!!

The workout...half hour on the treadmill, incline set to 1.0, slow walk 2min, 6mph 3min alternating...2.5 miles. My left ankle hurts. It's not used to conveying this much weight at a slow jog.

Yes, impulse control is on the behavior modification agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment