Monday, November 15, 2010

martha martha martha

some may find martha stewart to be stomach-churningly off-putting, but I'm totally seduced. I love perfection-seeking, borderline personalities. so much so, that I've read every variation of sylvia plath's journals that I could find (including her published letters). rather than seeing these women as intimidating, I find them comforting. for example, in the most chaotic times of my life, when I'm feeling overwhelmed by whatever situation/s I've gotten myself into, I pick up a sylvia plath journal and get centered. I think it's simply that reading about how she got all lathered up in insanity via her quest to be perfect reassures me that my astounding lack of perfection must be leading me to a more tempered personality/life/ability to socialize. anyway, this is all to say that I had to beg myself NOT to buy the most recent version of martha stewart's living magazine yesterday. though, since I find myself thinking about her today, I have a feeling that this holiday season will not feel complete without an attempt at at least one martha stewart craft exploration.

anyway, I went looking for the cover of the issue I wanted to buy, so that I could paste it into this entry, but what I found was this:

martha and her french bulldogs
so cute, right? but what happened to these???

does she still have paw paw and her other chows?
I was a bit alarmed, so I did about 5 seconds worth of research and found that she does still have at least paw paw, who was described as "old" and "sage." look at how cute those chows are! I want one!


No comments:

Post a Comment