Thursday, December 2, 2010

MORE martha

I've been past the "I'll inhale anything sweet" phase of my pregnancy for a while, but today I literally inhaled at least 1.5 cups of granola. it was so good, I couldn't stop eating it.

recently, I've been eating yogurt and granola with a spoonful of cherry jam for breakfast, so I made a batch of Marth Stewart's "Farmhand's Choice Granola." the recipe was mentioned on The Kitchen and it looked good, so I gave it a try. I was slightly dubious of the olive oil call (I only had extra-virgin), but for health reasons, I went with it. I didn't make any alterations to the recipe, except to add a bit more coconut (I used unsweetened shredded since I didn't have chips) and substituted about a 1/4 cup of the walnuts with pecans (to use up a teeny bit of pecans I had sitting around). oh yeah, and I threw some extra almond slices in there too. it turned out to be the yummiest granola I've ever had! ok, I'm no granola expert, so take my exclamation with a grain of salt. I love the fact that there aren't any extraneous dried fruits in there. it's not that I don't like dried fruits, I do! it's just that I like the crunch without the chew. besides, since I put jam into my yogurt concoction, I don't need extra fruit. mmmm. I brought what I thought would be a three day supply of granola to work with me today, but I just finished wolfing down day 2 and day 3. oh well.

and one more thing: I've been addicted to the giveaways on Apartment Therapy and The Kitchen...so I've been entering them with abandon. will anything bad happen to me because I'm just throwing my personal information around like that? I'm an old person, after all, and I get all weirdly paranoid about identity theft over the internets.

No comments:

Post a Comment