Saturday, March 26, 2011

if only...

if only I'd had like a modicum of foresight, I'd have actually used tags to ORGANIZE these posts. then, I'd be able to efficiently search my blog. but since I have pretty much only used them to make jokey comments or not at all (with the occasional proper tag thrown in), they're no use to me whatsoever now. but hey, what can you expect from someone who went to art school and had a nasty habit of moving about the country without first finding a job in the next city?

so ANYWAYS, I was thinking that I'd perhaps posted about Pie Minister before. did I? I feel like I did, but I'll never know because I, for one, am not about to go back through my random burblings to find out. regardless, I looked them up on a whim today and found - to my deeeelight - a recipe! I can't wait to make some serious pie. the following three images make my heart light and saliva run (they're all pie minister pie pics):




years ago, when johnke and I were on our honeymoon in London (we've lost ALL our photos, by the way), I had two major goals: (1) find and eat a bonafide scotch egg* and (2) sample as many pies as possible. in my quest to fulfill goal number two (a real stretch, let me tell you), I found the lovely and amazing Pie Minister. oh, how I longed to have them emigrate to the US. alissa assures me that pies are all the rage these days, but back then, savory pies (in the US) mostly came from the frozen food section of supermarkets.


I'm not knocking them - I've eaten my fair share of frozen pot pie, but they're not the same as the British version of the pie. Pie Minister's pies can be eaten on the go, and they're not just delicious in a strange-but-comforting way, they're super awesomely tasty.

blah blah, I can't wait to make my own pie! oh, and you know what's really sad about my then commitment to Pie Minister pies? I brought one of their boxes back home as a souvenir (pic 3), and I still have it.

*goal #1 was inspired by the following scene in the bbc version of the office

2 comments:

  1. i will eat any pie you make, just so you know. you should have posted this on 3/14!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, pi day! totally lost on me (on the actual day). perhaps I'll ship you a pie : )

    ReplyDelete