Wednesday, January 26, 2011

ahh, sweet liberation

john and I had a major breakthrough last week. he told me that if I so desired, I could begin to replace our gigantic, thick, Ikea glasses with whatsoever I please. not only do the glasses NOT have to match, but they also don't have to be of some sort of industrial thickness. john used to worry about spontaneously shattering glasses, and he demanded a certain clunky thickness be a quality inherent in all our drinkware. I'm also allowed to burn candles at dinnertime now, which is pretty major. john used to ban all types of candle burning from our house. we even light our fireplace! I got two octopus glasses from anthropologie - on sale, of course. there's no shopping at that place for me, unless items are deeply discounted.

I don't know about your recent thrift shopping expeditions, but if they've been anything like mine, they've been terribly disappointing. what gives? I know Zab got an awesome pair of shoes recently, and Tifanee got a great little purse, but I've gotten mostly a big goose egg. oh, well, I did get a squirrel for Max, but only after going to a bunch of places.

yeah, it's water stained, but it sort of reads like forest floor, right? I've been feeling guilty about the fact that I got Henry all sorts of wall decor (thrifted) before he was born and Max, well, he had nothing up until that squirrel. we haven't even put a crib together, or gotten the baby seat back out, or bought one scrap of clothing. we've been pretty casual about provisions for the new baby. sigh, get used to it, #2. I'm a terrible parent.

3 comments:

  1. maybe max will get some nice chuck taylors... we'll have to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he'll definitely inherit a nice pair! :) oh, and some polka-dotted socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the squirrel! That's something we'd have in Abigail's room. And I thought the water stain was the forest floor until you said something. :)

    You are a good mommy! I'm sure it's just different w/ #2 - more lax!

    ReplyDelete