Thursday, January 6, 2011

movie list

so, the bbc has its list of one hundred books, and that's gone crazily viral online. what about the criterion collection of movies?

I've counted (copy and paste the list of movies to excel, place x next to ones seen, use filter option to reduce list to those seen, use excel count to get quick count on number seen), and I've seen 104 titles out of more than 560 titles. I can't imagine ever watching every movie on the entire list, but just looking through it is interesting. for example, I never knew that the Maysles made a sequel to Grey Gardens, or that Heaven Can Wait was a movie before the Warren Beatty version...

the best part of perusing the list is that I'll not have a shortage of things to put on my netflix queue. hello, maternity leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment