Tuesday, May 25, 2010

shakin' it.

at ktiker's wedding the other day (she was SO incredibly beautiful! and even played air guitar once! amazing.), a couple on the dance floor caught my eye. the woman was a great dancer. I could picture her at a disco, cutely grooving away. her man was not quite up to her level, but was gamely hanging in there, dancing - not just lamely moving his feet - no, this was a man who was trying, and that impressed me. what I noticed about him was that his dancing style was really about his booty. he had it hanging out there, pushed up and back, and he was shaking it. it reminded me of the run I'd done that morning. I was miraculously finishing my (nearly) three mile loop without walking, and coming up one of those low-grade, long hills, I noticed that I was kind of stooped at the waist, with my chest sort of hanging over my feet, and my butt sticking way out. I jerked myself up, as best I could, then noticed a bit further up the hill that my butt was out there again. my hill run is apparently about shaking it too.

1 comment: