Thursday, May 17, 2012

pre mortem

this is where I am with my life: I have created a detailed eating schedule. and now you likely understand the title of this blog. there are two versions of the schedule; one version is for when I can work out at noon, the other version is for when I can't. weekends are flexible, but believe me, my brain still does the accounting, even if I let myself have cheats.

"the schedule" version 1 - workout at noon
8:30am breakfast = not to exceed 200 calories
10 - 10:30am snack = not to exceed 100 calories
11:30am snack = not to exceed 100 calories.  must be mixture of simple carb & protein
1:15-1:30pm lunch = not to exceed 400 calories
3pm snack = not to exceed 100 calories
4:30 - 5:30pm snack = not to exceed 100 calories
6-6:30pm dinner = not to exceed 400 calories
8pm if I must = not to exceed 100 calories
Grand Total = 1500 calories

"the schedule" version 2 - eat at noon
8:30am breakfast = not to exceed 200 calories
10am snack = not to exceed 100 calories
11am snack = not to exceed 100 calories
12pm lunch = not to exceed 400 calories
2-3pm snack = not to exceed 100 calories
4:30pm snack = not to exceed 100 calories. must be mixture of simple carb & protein
6-6:30pm dinner = not to exceed 400 calories
8pm if I must = not to exceed 100 calories
Grand Total = 1500 calories

so far, it's working for me, which means that I'm not cheating or unduly crabby.  it's only been a few days, but I swear that my pants are fitting a teensy bit better.

cheery birthday gumballs
plus, I'm in week 4 of my 10K training plan (on the page, the 10K plan is below 5K plan), which mandates working out 6 days per week. I have actually started looking forward to my Sunday long runs, which is surprising. last week I ran a little over 4 miles - without stopping! sure, they were 12 minute miles, but it was still a huge victory to me. I'm a little anxious that I won't make it to 5 and 6 miles...I'd like to say that my goal for October is to run the 10K in an hour, but I have no idea whether or not I'll be able to do that. 3 weeks ago, I was thinking that I'd never be able to run for one hour, but I must say that just slowing down for the long run makes ALL the difference. for my shorter runs, I run at 6 - 7 mph, but mostly in intervals. I do my tempo runs at at least 6mph and my goal is to build up to as long as I can go at that speed at a 1 incline. I must say that I LOVE doing my non-long runs on the treadmill because it makes tempos and intervals so much easier to monitor.

bad iphone photo of yummy breakfast salad with arugula, beets, shaved parmesan, egg, and lemon white wine dressing
I'm also converting into a strength-training fanatic. I can actually tell that my runs get easier as my core gets stronger. sadly, this love of gaining strength does not translate into actual discipline. if I'm not in a class or following along on a video, I am likely to be daydreaming and crapping out on reps. oh well, thank goodness for online videos and free classes at the free gym.



No comments:

Post a Comment