Monday, February 1, 2010

a-ha! yoinks!

yes! I just snagged the Jodi Picoult book, my sister's keeper, from our library. I've always wanted to read it, but never wanted to buy it, and was too lazy to go to a real library for it. I knew if I'd waited long enough...it's like how I get to read really old US Weeklies the two times a year I get my hair cut. I love that stuff, but don't want to pay for it. hey, we all have the TMZ / train wreck / rubbernecking curiosity in us, right?

I've been meaning to post the link to our house listing for ages, so here it is - finally! tell me what you think.

today I ran a recent personal best of 15 minutes, at 6mph, with the treadmill at a 1.0 incline. I finished up my 20 minutes (1.9 miles) with a one-minute walk thrown in. I think my 'running' is definitely on the upswing. my modest goal is to add one mile to the run each month. anyway, I limited the treadmill to 20 minutes today so that I could do the fitnessista's back and bicep workout. this time there were a few moves that I couldn't do in full view of the two other people in the gym (even though they weren't paying attention to me). I had to do my stability ball T's and Y's and my lateral obliques in the class room. I should have done my frog crunches in there too, but I was just too lazy to walk across the gym again.

and I think my soul may have become corrupted by my job because I was shown an intuniv yoga mat today, and my first thought was, I want one of those! really? do I really want a yoga mat with the name of an adhd product on it? ...maybe NOT!

I'll leave you with this thought. have you seen all the great things that can be done with ground beef? if not, I'll lend this to you sometime.

3 comments:

  1. Good job on the running Erica! I will have to start running again post baby. Might take me awhile to get back into it though haha. I read My Sister's Keeper... I think I borrowed it from Linda actually. I liked it! Haven't seen the movie yet but I heard the ending is WAY different from the book so now I don't know if I want to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, btw, when should we get together???

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude- can u get me an intuniv mat??

    LOVe the houes, it looks so great. and i love how cat bus and gumi (?) made it into a pic. ur house looks like something off of hgtv, i cant wait for a lucky family to buy it!!

    ReplyDelete