Wednesday, February 10, 2010

snow way

it's a snow day, but sadly, that doesn't absolve us adults of having to participate in our reguarly scheduled work day. boo.

I'm stealing some time away from work, from my husband, and from my son to sit alone in our green guest-bedroom and blog. there are three windows in front of me, set into a beautiful, cherry-finished, wood-paneled, bay window (OK, so I have no idea what kind of wood that really is), and it is framing a lovely picture of snow falling onto snow-laden tree branches and city roof-tops. am I sure I want to move? sigh. who knows what'll happen with that anyway, we're kind of arguing with our realtor over concessions we don't want to make to the prospective buyers re: our home inspection. selling homes suck, but real estate agents suck even more. next time I have to sell a house, I have a plan. it involves zero real estate agents. ha! take that, you sheisters (sp?).

I had a Dunkin Donuts egg white flatbread sandwich for breakfast. we tried to go to our yummy Sulimay's diner, but no one was able to make it in to open it. dd is across the street, so that's where we went. lunch was an unhealthy 5 or 6 corn chips (from a restaurant, so they were that crazy decadent kind), left over meat from my dinner burrito of last night, and a little bit of tortilla...I'm feeling full, but unhealthy : ( maybe this is why the pounds are not melting off of me and I'm not running like the wind?

I don't know what I expected of the Julie and Julia movie, but everyone seemed to love it, so I was disappointed, of course. the Julia story was cute, and I love Stanley Tucci, Meryl Streep was awesome, etc. I just didn't think the Julie side of the story was fleshed out very well. I never really cared much, or even knew much about the Julie character.

I've just started reading her original blog, however, and it's excellent. she's a really good writer, and I can see how addictive it must have been to follow her during the original project. I haven't read the book (either one), but imagine that they're quite good. I think the movie must suffer from the fact that it's never easy to get the interior dialogue of a character out there, onto the screen.

I hope that I get some kind of exercise in today...mabye a push-ups, sit-ups session, if nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment