Monday, February 8, 2010

sloooow on the uptake

what are these tiny pictures?


the HOT POTATO CAFE was on Kitchen Nightmares, the Gordon Ramsey show. go to hulu and watch it for a good Fishtown experience. the owners have the real f-town accent. I can hear them screaming down the street now.

I was pretty excited about the restaurant before it opened because, in my imagination, it was going to be a place that offered giant baked potatoes and an amazing toppings bar. in retrospect, I should have realized that it wasn't named, the Potato Bar Cafe, but whatever - I was eagerly awaiting the restaurant's unveiling. I walked by the dark window many times, and then one day, a printed menu was taped up! I eagerly scanned the page, looking for the potato section, but there wasn't one...just a random assortment of over-priced food...apparently the City Paper panned the place in a review titled, "Spuddy Hell." that's exactly what I was thinking, standing in front of the closed cafe, like, "what in the spuddy hell? where are the freaking potatoes on this menu????"

I never went there, but was excited to see the show, which I heard about at our favorite neighborhood diner, Sulimay's. I won't spoil anything, but I'm just going to say: 1) I'm addicted to the show, and 2) the chef is cute (the Hot Potato Chef, not Gordon Ramsey).

No comments:

Post a Comment